« Go Back
Advanced Extended Diploma in Health and Social CareApply Now »
Location: The RoundHouse
This vocational course, equivalent to three A-levels, leads to a recognised qualification for entering health and social care professions or for further training such as university courses. Combining academic study and application of theories, it includes a mandatory work placement.
An interview is essential and you will need one of the following:
- Five GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and Science or Maths (Grade 4 or above)
- A Merit/Distinction in a relevant Level 2 course – such as the Diploma in Health and Social Care – with GCSE English at grade C or above (Grade 4 or above)
Evidence of good attendance is also required. Voluntary work or work experience is desirable. You will also need to be DBS checked.
- Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care
- Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Development through Life Stages
- Personal and Professional Development in Health and Social Care
- Values and Planning in Social Care
- Psychological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
- Safeguarding Adults
How will I be assessed?
It is assessed through coursework with internally set assignments. Students are expected to integrate the experience they gain on placement into their assignments. There are no exams.
Are there any additional costs or specialist equipment required?
You need practical, smart clothing and shoes for your placement. You must also cover your travel costs to your placement.
What can I do after this course?
This course can lead to degree level study at university, withcourses in subjects such as Nursing or Social Work.
You can pursue your career in the wide-ranging health and social care sector.