« Go Back
Intermediate Award for Upskilling a Door Supervisor Within the Private Security SectorApply Now »
Location: Broomfield Hall
Start: Roll On Roll Off - Contact Us
Days / Times: Contact Us
Tuition (£): 70.00*
The Award for Upskilling Door Supervisors aims to provide additional skills and knowledge for those who have previously completed a door supervision qualification which did not contain physical intervention training.
It is a Security Industry Authority (SIA) requirement that any door supervisor wishing to renew their licence must have completed an Award in Upskilling Door Supervisors if they have not received training in door supervision within their previous qualification.
Courses are planned to run in:
Bespoke training dates are also available - contact us for details.
Courses run at the Broomfield Hall campus and the Johnson Building.
You must be over 18, must currently hold an Award in Door Supervision and must have - or be in the process of applying for - an SIA licence.
You must also be capable of completing physical intervention training.
You should have competent literacy skills and be able to independently complete online assessments.
You must present sufficient forms of identification at enrolment. These may include photo identification, current utility bills and a birth certificate. You will also need to supply two passport photos at enrolment.
The Award for Upskilling Door Supervisors is made up of two units which cover:
- Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors
- Counter Terrorism issues relevant to Door Supervisors
- The role of the Door Supervisor when first aid situations occur in licensed premises
- Legislation and requirements regarding children and young people relevant to Door Supervisors
- Physical intervention and the legal and professional implications of its use
- Reduce the risk of harm when physical intervention skills are used
- Use non-pain related physical skills to protect yourself and others from assault
- Use non-pain related standing, holding and escorting techniques, including non restrictive and restrictive skills
- Good practice to follow after physical intervention
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through a practical assessment of physical intervention techniques and an online multiple choice exam.
Are there any additional costs or specialist equipment required?
There are no additional costs although you will need to keep your SIA licence up to date for continuing professional development purposes. You will be charged for exam re-sits if you fail to attend your assessment date.
As part of the course, you should have suitable clothing to carry out practical activities, including indoor trainers and sports kits.
What can I do after this course?
Having completed the Award in Upskilling Door Supervisors, you can apply for or renew your SIA licence for employment in the security sector.
* Tuition - This figure is the fee to be paid if you are not entitled to any concessions.
*** Co-Tuition - This figure is the fee to be paid if you are entitled to any partial concessions.