This qualification provides a sound skills base for any person who is in a position of management with in a retail environment. This course will enhance and expand your knowledge and give you a wider skill base.
There are no entry requirements to access this program other than you must be employed in a role with leadership responsibilities.
· Work effectively and support others in a retail organization
· Audit stock levels and inventories in a retail environment
· Source required goods and services in a retail environment
· Monitor and help improve food safety in a retail environment
· Manage staff to receive goods in a retail environment
· Organise and monitor the storage of stock in a retail environment
· Maintain the availability of goods on display in a retail environment to promote sales
· Manage the payment transaction process in a retail environment
· Contribute to the continuous improvement of retail operations
· Manage the prevention of wastage and loss in a retail environment
· Produce staffing schedules to help a retail team to achieve its targets
· Monitor and maintain health and safety in a retail environment
· Monitor and support secure payment point use during trading hours
· Set objectives and provide support for team members
· Plan, allocate and monitor work of a team
· Make effective decisions
· Manage conflict in a team
· Manage or support equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion
· Organise the delivery of reliable customer service
· Improve the customer relationship
· Work with others to improve customer service
· Monitor and solve customer service problems
· Promote continuous improvement
You will be assessed in the work place by an assessor who is assigned to you. A variety of assessment styles will be used including written questions, observations and professional discussion, work products and witness testimony.
No extra costs
Students can broaden their skills further and progress to a Foundation Degree in Retail Leadership and Management. Derby College staff will be happy to advise.
Fashion enthusiast Richard Auzins has used his Diploma in Visual Merchandising as a springboard to working with Marks & Spencer
Richard has started out as a warehouse operative at the company’s distribution centre in Castle Donington, with a view to progressing his merchandising career within M&S. He especially enjoys dealing with the online sales side of the operation.
Richard had originally considered university but then discovered the specialist advanced course in Visual Merchandising at Derby College. Keen on keeping up with latest fashion trends, the course enabled him to translate his passion for fashion into a career.
Although I’m working in logistics, I’m still involved with fashion and homewares every day. The Derby College course helped me get the job and having a qualification in retail merchandising has made me more confident in sharing my ideas at work.
I’d like to move into visual merchandising one day but at the moment I enjoy what I do and M&S is a great business to work for.