Over the three weeks, we will guide you through the basic steps of how to keep your bike in good working order.
Our experts will share cycle repair tips to provide you with confidence and knowledge should something happen to your bike.
There are no formal entry requirements. You just need a keen interest in saving money by maintaining your bicycle.
This is an introductory beginner course ideal for those with little or no knowledge about bicycle maintenance.
You will learn about:
• Different tyre pressures and wheel sizes
• How to replace a cycle saddle, seat posts and handlebars
• How to identify, remove and replace cycle brake blocks
• How to lubricate and tension a single speed cycle chain
• How to remove and replace cycle wheels, tyres and inner tubes
• How to repair a cycle puncture
• The correct way to clean and prepare a cycle for use
This course is a hands-on learning experience in which you will practise different techniques.
You will need stout or steel toe-capped shoes for workshop sessions. Toe-capped attachments, overalls or smocks can be provided upon request.
Further courses are to be announced.