« Go Back
Advanced Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce Apply Now »
Start: Roll On Roll Off - Contact Us
Days / Times: Contact Us
Tuition (£): 0.00*
This course aims to guide and assess the development of knowledge, skills and competence relating to the children and young people's social care workforce. It serves as the required qualification for registration and regulatory requirements in the sector.
You must be aged over 16 and working in a children's or young people's social care setting or job role on a paid or voluntary basis for at least 12 hours a week. This qualification is suitable for those who work in a variety of job roles with children and young people from birth to 19 years.
Learners must achieve a minimum of 65 credits. This must include 40 credits from the mandatory units plus 25 credits from the optional knowledge and competence units.
Mandatory units are:
- Understand Child and Young Person Development
- Promote Child and Young Person Development
- Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Support Children and Young People's Health and Safety
- Develop Positive Relationships with Children, Young People and Others Involved in Their Care
- Working Together for the Benefit of Children and Young People
- Understand How to Support Positive Outcomes for Children and Young People
- Promote Communication in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young People's Settings
- Engage in Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young People's Settings
- Promote Equality and Inclusion in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young People's Settings
- Principles for Implementing Duty of Care in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young People's Settings
- Assessment and Planning with Children and Young People
- Promote the Wellbeing and Resilience of Children and Young People
- Professional Practice in Children and Young People's Social Care
How will I be assessed?
You will meet with your assessor either in a group of other learners or on a one-to-one basis. This will either be at a College site or at your workplace. There is no exam.
You will work with your assessor to produce a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate your competence and knowledge of your job role. You will be observed in your job role by your assessor to demonstrate your competence.
Are there any additional costs or specialist equipment required?
What can I do after this course?
It is anticipated that learners selecting the Social Care pathway will progress to the Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care or Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services. There is also the opportunity to progress to relevant foundation or honours degrees.
* Tuition - This figure is the fee to be paid if you are not entitled to any concessions.
*** Co-Tuition - This figure is the fee to be paid if you are entitled to any partial concessions.