« Go Back
Advanced Diploma Allied Healthcare Professionals Apply Now »
Start: Roll On Roll Off - Contact Us
Days / Times: Contact Us
Tuition (£): POA
This qualification is for learners aged 16 and above who are working in healthcare settings such as hospitals, GP practices and medical centres. It will enable learners to develop knowledge, understanding and skills relevant to working in the health sector. It is particularly suitable for healthcare, physiotherapy and occupational therapy assistants.
You need to be working in a healthcare environment as a healthcare worker.
Learners must achieve a minimum of 65 credits to gain the full award.
There are 12 mandatory units totalling 35 credits:
- Engage in personal development
- Promote communication
- Promote equality and diversity
- Promote and implement health and safety
- Principles of safeguarding
- Promote person-centred approaches
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Promote good practice in handling information
- Principles of infection control
- Causes and spread of infection
- Cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- Principles for implementing duty of care
A minimum of 30 credits will be gained from optional units relevant to the learner's specific job role.
How will I be assessed?
You will attend fortnightly class sessions with the tutor to fulfil the knowledge evidence requirements. You will be allocated an assessor who will visit you in the workplace to action plan your progress, observe your practice and assess your portfolio of work.
Are there any additional costs or specialist equipment required?
What can I do after this course?
Learners may progress into a management role.
* Tuition - This figure is the fee to be paid if you are not entitled to any concessions.
*** Co-Tuition - This figure is the fee to be paid if you are entitled to any partial concessions.